“I love how Navigator Checking changes automatically when my financial situation changes. When life gets crazy, the last thing I want to worry about is my banking. Standard Bank takes care of me and works with MY best interest in mind. What other bank helps you AVOID fees?!”
How is Navigator Checking different? Download PDF Brochure
We know life changes and, often, your banking needs have to change with it. That’s why we created Navigator Checking. This unique checking account automatically moves you between three classes so you always receive maximum benefits while keeping you away from monthly service charges. Plus, as long as you complete six transactions (Bill Pay, deposit, withdraw, purchase, etc.) in a statement cycle you will never have a monthly service charge!
Navigator Checking has a class for everyone—whether you just use your debit card, have a loan with us or carry a large relationship balance—Navigator Checking is a great fit for you. And if your banking habits change, we’ll automatically change right with you. Plus, with Cash Back rewards, we end up paying YOU every month!
Navigator Checking is ideal for seniors as it includes special Senior Benefits (ages 65+), such as free checks and free paper statements regardless of Navigator class.
Benefits of Preferred Class in Navigator Checking 1
- $0.10 Cash Back reward per VISA credit transaction (max $12 per statement cycle)
- Free Visa® Check Card
- No service charges or fees
- Mobile App with Mobile Deposit and PeoplePay (Learn more – Standard message, data and internet service provider rates may apply.)
- Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free Foreign ATM Transactions (Foreign bank ATM fees still apply)
- Interest Earning (Tiered)
- Navigator Savings Bonus Rate
- Free Checks
- Exclusive CD specials
- Free Paper Statements
- Free Identity Fraud Insurance
- Free Stop Payments
- Free Cashier’s Checks
- Free Notary Service
- No Annual Fee for a Home Equity Line of Credit
- $100 Cash with Mortgage Loan2
- and much more!
What are Cash Back Rewards?
Your Navigator Checking account automatically comes with a free debit card that can earn you money. With Cash Back Rewards, we pay YOU every time you swipe your card. Just use your debit card as a credit, signature-based transaction, and you will receive an automatic credit (up to $12 per statement cycle) into your account.
What are the benefits of e-statements?
Obviously e-statements save precious natural resources, but they also have other benefits for YOU!
- Save room and clutter by downloading statements as PDFs.
- Secure access to 13 months of statements in online banking (after enrollment). Records are also available upon request for the past seven years.
- Get immediate access and e-mail alerts when your statement is available.
Did You Know?
Standard Bank customers may use any PNC Bank® or Standard Bank ATM surcharge-free. That’s over 9,000 ATMs! (Surcharge-free access to all Standard Bank and PNC Bank® ATMS. PNC Bank is a registered trademark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. PNC Bank, National Association. Member FDIC. Availability of funds deposited to PNC Bank ATMs may be different than when deposited at a Standard Bank ATM.)
What documents do I need to open a personal checking account?
- You must be 18 years or older to open an account in your name. If you’re under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must be a co-owner of the account.
- You will need to provide some basic information such as: name, your date of birth, current address and phone number.
- A valid photo government ID (drivers license or a passport) and proof of your social security number.
- Other acceptable forms of identification are a military ID or State ID.
1 Preferred Class status requires either a minimum of a $50,000 loan OR a $20,000 relationship deposit balance. In addition to these qualifiers, the account must have six transactions per month (which includes but it is not limited to direct deposits, debit card transactions, withdraws, billpays, etc.).
2 $100 bonus will be deposited into customer’s Navigator Checking account when Preferred Class has been met for three consecutive months right before or after (for new customers) loan closing. Bonus subject to Standard Bank underwriting guidelines and loan approval.
Carrier message and data rates may apply for mobile app and text banking.